It is a genuine pleasure for me to open 2010 with a solo release of my close friend & studio partner MARINO BERARDI, as I got the chance to follow his musical path for more than a decade now...
Many dj's graced us of overwhelming feedback about our recent common output as DAIRMOUNT & BERARDI in 2009 but very few people know that Marino was one of the very first European producers to appear on prestigious American labels such as Francois Kevorkian's Wave Music or Josh Wink's Ovum...
In the fast moving scenes of today, Marino could appear as a "veteran" with more than 15 years of djing & production under his belt and he looks firmly firmly ready to push things forward in 2010.
Best Intention is one of these special joints that seem made to spice up your sets for the right moment. At the intersection of quirky Deep House & Dub Techno boundaries, the track reveals the underlying power of dusty samples to create an 11 minutes hypnosis that will surprise you by its uplifting virtues.
I fell in love instantly with the track the first time Marino played me the demo version and I knew that it would become a very unique dancefloor moment for the ones among us liking it dirty, moody & dubby.
It is always very important to provide interesting "perspectives" of an exciting original work and the 2 gentlemen that reworked Best Intention didn't fail to deliver excellent personal versions.
DAVE PEZZNER, the Seattle sound wizard recognised for his work on Freerange, OM Records or Ghostly International, signed what he declared himself as " one of his most intimate re-interpretations to date". For me, this amazing 10 minutes version is close to the fantasy of a late night lullaby that could have been composed collectively by Steve Reich, Morgan Geist & Charles Webster.
The second perspective is coming courtesy of CHRISTO, a new talent from Derby, discovered by Atjazz. The man is planned for promising things this year with a release on RWAV and the launch of his own Superficially Deep imprint very soon.
His version remains closer of the spirit of the original while giving it a warm techy edge.
Words by DAIRMOUNT
WHAT DJ’S SAY…
* ” All traxx are very cool.. Something for everyone..”
* ” Thats a special release – love it! ”
* ” Very nice trax – love the original ”
* ” 5 stars for the pezzner mix! absolutely stunning and killer awesome .. only thing im missing is a proper kickdrum! ”
* ” Still carry Marino’s “PLan B” in my record box today, glad to hear some new material from him. Feeling the original and Pezzner take ”
FUNK D VOID
* ” Another beauty from RWAV. Absolutely love all versions, but the Christo in particular is tailor made for my sets. Top, top stuff! ”
* ” Great great release! Love all the mixes… ”
* ” Great Pezzner remix ”
* ” RWAV was one of my favorite labels of 2009 .. You guys released amazing music! And it seems that the year is starting pretty nice too… Love all mixes… Will definitely support this release through my gigs and radioshows… ”
* ” Excellent material here.. My pick is Pezzner mix but all are good ”
* ” Great track and good remixes, though I prefer the original!”
* ” Nice smooth & deep stuff!”
BASIC SOUL UNIT
* ” Good to see marino back on the scene, used to collect his stuff around 2000! Really like this original track too, very nice atmosphere ”
* ” What a way to start the year! All 3 mixes are ace, will play all of them!”
* ” ill at home and this makes me feel better! The original and the Christo perspective are the best ones for me! great job again…”
* ” The original is the one for me…”
* ” Superb ! Love the original & Pezzner mix!”
FABRICE LIG aka SOUL DESIGNER
released 12 February 2010
Wriiten & produced by Marino Berardi @ Room with A View, Hamburg
Mastered by Bon Kondren @ Calyx, Berlin
Artwork by Hannes Piltz for Intu